Time to refresh your medical gas training?
Hospital engineering apprentice summer school
Designed specifically for hospital engineering apprentices, Eastwood Park's apprentice summer school covers five days of residential training, developed in collaboration with a number of hospital trusts.
The school aims to fill the gaps in the standard engineering apprenticeship skills framework with a broad introduction to a wide range of engineering disciplines operating within a medical/healthcare environment.
Apprentices benefit from a stimulating mix of theory and practical learning covering:
- electrical installations in medical locations – an overview, including electrical safety (Section 710 BS7671)
- medical gas safety – an introduction, with a practical focus on cylinder handling (HTM 02-01 Part B section 7)
- electrical safety testing for medical equipment – (in accordance with IEC60601 & IEC62353)
- the purpose of ventilation and critical ventilation systems in healthcare - (HTM 03)
- lifts - an understanding of the types of lifts, and the regulations and legislation relating to them
- water hygiene – fundamental knowledge of water hygiene including Legionella management (HTM 04)
- decontamination & sterilization equipment – an overview of decontamination engineering support
The summer school will run Monday 30 July - Friday 03 August 2018.
- Suitable for students on mechanical and electrical apprenticeships
- Evening group activities including clay pigeon shooting (weather permitting)
- This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status
If you are interested in reserving places for your apprentices on future summer schools, please contact our sales team +44 (0)1454 262777 or email email@example.com.
Many healthcare organisations and their contractors are facing challenges in establishing how to spend the new apprenticeship levy being imposed upon them by the government. A better understanding of how to use apprenticeship programmes and funding to ensure these form part of an on-going career plan will bring maximum benefit to your organisation.
Eastwood Park can help you further but needs to know if you:
- are already part of a Trailblazer group, or would you like to be, working towards new healthcare engineering, FM or support services apprenticeship standards?
- are aware of local Trusts and their contractors who want to work together as a consortium to deliver healthcare apprenticeships?
- or your approved training provider/college is seeking complementary specialist healthcare training to top-up the more general training initially/currently provided?
We can support your apprenticeship development activities in a number of ways.
We would be categorised as a subcontractor to you/your consortium/your approved training provider delivering specialist healthcare engineering, FM or support services training and vocational qualifications for both Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships. Please note, Eastwood Park is not on the RoATP (Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers), but we can still help.
If you would like to talk to us further about how we could support your approach to apprenticeships then please contact Amanda Marfell, in the first instance. Call +44 (0)1454 262777 or email us.