Shire Controls Ltd visits our new training facility
Apprenticeships - the role of the supporting provider in England
Eastwood Park Training is on the official Government Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) as a supporting provider.
We are supporting the Healthcare Engineering Specialist Technician national apprenticeship which is new to the framework and available in England.
This is a core and options apprenticeship standard. Apprentices must be trained and assessed against the core and one option, and the two options are:
- Option 1: Healthcare medical devices technician
- Option 2: Healthcare estates technician
We have worked alongside the employee-led trailblazer group in developing the contents of this key apprenticeship and we intend to play an active supporting role.
At the moment we are still awaiting some final details on how the £24k apprenticeship funding, the delivery and applications will work. Once finalised and Government agreement is confirmed, we will then be able to tell you more. In the meantime, you can read more on the Institute for Apprenticeships site.
We already provide apprentices with specialist off-the-job training and create bespoke learning solutions, working with Trusts and either their local college or other apprenticeship training providers, as official supporting providers.
Hospital engineers’ apprentice summer school - 09-13 August 2021
Eastwood Park's apprentice summer school covers five days of residential training, developed in collaboration with a number of hospital trusts.
09-13 August 2021
This week-long programme is specifically designed for engineering apprentices working within the healthcare industry, with practical, technical sessions from leading experts in their fields.
Apprentices benefit from a stimulating mix of theory and practical learning covering:
- electrical installations in medical locations, an overview
- electrical safety testing for medical equipment
- water hygiene - fundamental knowledge including Legionella
- medical gas safety introduction with a practical focus
- HVAC - the purpose of ventilation in healthcare
- decontamination & sterilization, an overview of engineering support
- lifts - an understanding of the types found in healthcare
It is highly relevant to all apprentices developing their roles within healthcare and for others looking to broaden their understanding of multi-healthcare engineering disciplines.
Book places today to avoid disappointment, call +44 (0)1454 262777 or email us.
We also offer apprenticeships in Clinical Engineering and Decontamination in partnership with Dynamic Training.
This Diploma in healthcare science (level 2) is focused on delivering safe patient care in technical support roles in hospitals, general practice and other healthcare settings and all areas of healthcare science.
Working with us
As you can see there are different ways we can work together.
- We can work directly with you at the Trust to plan, develop and deliver the apprenticeships.
- Working in conjunction with your local college, or your other apprenticeship training providers, Eastwood Park can provide the specialist healthcare training related to certain parts of the apprenticeship.
- Eastwood Park can provide bespoke off-the-job training which we would design and deliver to meet your particular requirements.
- Your apprentices could attend one or more of our specialist courses, such as our Summer School, as outlined above.