Introducing...Sam & Louisa!
Hospital engineering apprentice summer school
Eastwood Park's apprentice summer school covers five days of residential training, developed in collaboration with a number of hospital trusts.
03-07 August 2020
This week-long programme is specifically designed for engineering apprentices working within the healthcare industry, with practical, technical sessions from leading experts in their fields.
Apprentices benefit from a stimulating mix of theory and practical learning covering:
- electrical installations in medical locations, an overview
- electrical safety testing for medical equipment
- water hygiene - fundamental knowledge including Legionella
- medical gas safety introduction with a practical focus
- HVAC - the purpose of ventilation in healthcare
- decontamination & sterilization, an overview of engineering support
- lifts - an understanding of the types found in healthcare
It is highly relevant to all apprentices developing their roles within healthcare and for others looking to broaden their understanding of multi-healthcare engineering disciplines.
Book places today to avoid disappointment, call +44 (0)1454 262777 or email us.
Diploma in healthcare science (L2)
Eastwood Park is pleased to offer a new apprenticeship programme in partnership with Dynamic Training.
This Diploma in healthcare science (level 2) is focused on delivering safe patient care in technical support roles in hospitals, general practice and other healthcare settings and all areas of healthcare science.
This apprenticeship takes a minimum of 12 months to complete during which you will participate in training, development and on-going review activities.
- induction specific to your workplace
- study days and training courses in work time
- mentoring/buddy support
- completion of a portfolio through which you gather evidence of your progress
- structured reviews of your progress and development
Delivered in partnership with Dynamic Training...
Dynamic Training is an apprenticeship and bespoke training specialist for the health, care and business sectors. They support many NHS Trusts, working across community, acute medicine and primary care.
Dynamic Training is an approved training provider and is on the national register of apprenticeships training providers (RoATP).
NB This apprenticeship is only available with funding in England currently.
Many healthcare organisations and their contractors are facing challenges in establishing how to spend the new apprenticeship levy being imposed upon them by the government.
A better understanding of how to use apprenticeship programmes and funding to ensure these form part of an on-going career plan will bring maximum benefit to your organisation.
Eastwood Park can help you further but needs to know if you:
- are already part of a Trailblazer group, or would you like to be, working towards new healthcare engineering, FM or support services apprenticeship standards?
- are aware of local Trusts and their contractors who want to work together as a consortium to deliver healthcare apprenticeships?
- or your approved training provider/college is seeking complementary specialist healthcare training to top-up the more general training initially/currently provided?
We can support your apprenticeship development activities in a number of ways.
We would be categorised as a subcontractor to you/your consortium/your approved training provider delivering specialist healthcare engineering, FM or support services training and vocational qualifications for both Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships. Please note, Eastwood Park is not on the RoATP (Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers), but we can still help.
If you would like to talk to us further about how we could support your approach to apprenticeships then please contact Amanda Marfell, in the first instance. Call +44 (0)1454 262777 or email us.