COVID-19 latest updates
Training whilst in Tier 3:
As of 02 December 2020, Eastwood Park's local authority of South Gloucestershire will be placed under tier 3 restrictions. Following a review of the new government guidance we want to reassure you that the essential training booked at Eastwood Park for the coming weeks is going ahead as planned.
On site training (at the customer’s premises) also continues to be available - subject to the receipt of a suitable and robust COVID-19 policy and risk assessment.
We are operating a COVID-secure environment and will be seeking the co-operation of everyone attending to strictly adhere to these arrangements throughout their stay and we will continue to carefully monitor the situation.
Being situated on a 200-acre country estate in the Gloucestershire countryside, Eastwood Park has plenty of space to accommodate learners in a peaceful and isolated location, where it is able to effectively limit any non-essential visitors to the site.
The estate remains closed to all apart from learners undertaking training that week, essential staff, essential deliveries and on occasion, a minimal number of approved contractors and visitors only if absolutely necessary.
We have implemented a range of measures to safeguard learners while they carry out their essential training including:
- All visitors and staff are required to have temperature checks taken on arrival
- Social distancing in classrooms and the house
- Reduced course numbers
- PPE for when social distancing is not possible
- Separate entrances/exits and refreshment areas designated to single groups for the duration of the course
- One-way systems
- Robust and more frequent cleaning regimes
- Alternative catering options in line with Government guidance (including takeaway meals and 'lunch boxes')
See full details of the measures we have taken in our policy and risk assessment.
Track and trace
Eastwood Park is legally required to collect the details upon arrival of all visitors and contractors to the site on arrival as part of the track & trace scheme.
A QR code is on display at entrance points for scanning with the official NHS COVID-19 app and paper forms available for those who do not have access to a smart device.
After 21 days, this information will be securely deleted. We may share this information with the NHS test & trace system to help minimise the transmission of COVID-19 and support public health and safety. The data will not be used for other purposes, including marketing, profiling, analysis or other purposes unrelated to contact tracing.
- All learners, visitors, residential and non-residential trainers and staff are required to wear a face covering in all communal areas such as corridors and shared spaces.
- Learners have the discretion to wear a face covering once seated in the classroom as do staff in their immediate office area
- Learners must wear a face covering if moving around the classroom and for practical training exercises
- All trainers are required to wear a face shield whilst teaching
- All visitors attending for show rounds/site visits will be requested to wear a face covering
- A face covering is not required where there is a medical exemption in place
We are here and available to support your training needs, albeit with some staff working from home. We are now seeing significant demand for training going forward, so please do get in contact with us on the phone at +44 (0)1454 262777 or email us with your enquiries.
If you can no longer attend your training, please also get in touch as soon as possible. Joining instructions are sent out 3 weeks prior to your course and normal terms & conditions do now apply.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Updated 26 November 2020