Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
To assist with understanding and mitigating the risks associated with waterborne hazards in the water distribution systems and associated equipment, healthcare organisations are required to develop a Water Safety Plan, as set out in Health Technical Memorandum 04-01.
Is this course for you?
This course is for individuals who will be required to assist in the development of Water Safety Plans.
To present the essential information contained in HTM 04-01 clearly and concisely, so that this best practice can be applied to the development of Water Safety Plans.
Understand the value of communication, training and competency assessment framework within the Water Safety Plan.
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- State the physical, chemical and microbiological water related hazards.
- Have an awareness of water distribution systems and associated equipment and the associated hazards.
- State the governance and accountability requirements for the Water Safety Plan.
- Describe the requirements for suitable management and control systems.
- Identify the breadth of risk assessments required.
- Define the microbiological sampling and monitoring requirements, microbiological techniques (rapid PCR, MALDI-TOF) and interpretation of the results.
- Recognise the legislative requirements and regulations applicable to water distribution systems.
- Describe the required documentation for monitoring and control.
- Describe available remedial actions and develop action plans.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
Following a review of the new government guidance we want to reassure you that the essential training booked at Eastwood Park for the coming weeks is going ahead as planned.
We are operating a COVID-secure environment and will be seeking the co-operation of everyone attending to strictly adhere to these arrangements throughout their stay and we will continue to carefully monitor the situation.
Visit our COVID-19 page | COVID-19 policy | COVID-19 risk assessment
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.