Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
The recently introduced Health Technical Memorandum HTM 04-01 (2016) ‘Safe water in healthcare premises’ requires healthcare organisations to adopt a holistic approach to water safety management. To assist with understanding and mitigating risks associated with waterborne hazards in the water distribution systems and associated equipment, healthcare organisations are required to develop a Water Safety Plan.
Is this course for you?
This course has been specifically developed to meet the needs of attendees who will be required to assist in the development of Water Safety Plans.
To provide attendees with an understanding of the recommendations and requirements of the best practice guidance HTM 04-01 (2016) ‘Safe Water in Healthcare Premises’ and to apply these to the development of Water Safety Plans.
Understand the value of communication, training and competency assessment framework.
To present the essential information contained in Health Technical Memorandum 04-01 (2016) ‘ Safe Water in Healthcare Premises’ in a concise and easily assimilated form
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- State the physical, chemical and microbiological water related hazards
- Have an awareness of water distribution systems and associated equipment and the associated hazards
- State the governance and accountability requirements for the Water Safety Plan
- Describe the requirements for suitable management and control systems
- Identify the breadth of risk assessments required
- Define the microbiological sampling and monitoring requirements, microbiological techniques (rapid PCR, MALDI-TOF) and interpretation of the results
- Recognise the legislative requirements and regulations applicable to water distribution systems
- Describe the required documentation for monitoring and control
- Describe available remedial actions and develop action plans
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.