Health Technical Memorandum 04-01 requires good practice from those responsible for the design, installation, commissioning and operation of water systems in healthcare premises, including compliance with all parts of HTM 04-01, ACoP L8, HSG274 and the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations.
Is this course for you?
This course is for individuals involved in all aspects of engineering projects relating to healthcare water systems, from design through to handover, to those responsible for ongoing operation and maintenance.
It is suitable for all types of project, from ward or building refurbishment to major construction schemes. It is also appropriate for non-hospital related projects where specific healthcare practices are required due to end user requirements.
To provide an understanding of the key aspects of designing out the microbiological risks associated with water systems, ensuring that those involved in installation, maintenance and commissioning of the systems do so in a hygienic and compliant manner.
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- List the main legal requirements for the control of waterborne pathogens and scalding associated with healthcare water systems.
- Describe the key principles of risk assessing and controlling legionella bacteria in accordance with ACoP L8 and HSG274.
- List the key principles of the management of pseudomonas aeruginosa risks from water systems.
- Explain the key requirements for appropriate scalding prevention measures.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of Water Safety Groups and Water Safety Plans.
- Explain the key requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations for equipment selection and installation.
- Identify the requirements for safe, hygienic working practices for water system installation.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.