Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at all staff involved in the administration, maintenance and operational management of leisure & therapy pools and associated hot &cold water systems.
This course will provide you with the knowledge of current legal and technical requirements for the control of Legionella and other waterborne diseases in leisure & therapy pools and associated hot & cold water systems, and an overview of skills necessary to carry out effective systems maintenance.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the sources, risks and medical aspects of Legionellosis with reference to its occurrence, ecology and transmission routes
- Describe the legal issues, including statutory and non-statutory obligations, advisory notes and codes of practice
- Identify susceptible areas within water systems including volumes of water, bather load, showering protocol, water quality, skimmers, filtration systems, chemical application, air ventilation and associated pipework
- Recommend methods of system modification and design to minimise colonisation of waterborne micro-organisms
- Test water for temperature, pH, chlorine residual and microbiological colonisation using dip slides, T.V.C.C. and other waterborne organisms
- Recommend cleaning and disinfection of systems
- Explain reporting and recording procedures, including operating and maintenance logs and control measures to minimise risk. Instruction relative to the completion of logbook tasks
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.