Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
There is a legal duty for the duty holder of building premises to carry out a risk assessment to identify the sources of risk from legionella that may affect anyone who may be exposed to the hazards that could affect their health.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at person’s with responsibilities to ensure a risk assessment is carried out or who will undertake such a risk assessment. This course requires basic knowledge of the management of risk in water systems, so you should have previously attended our two day Legionella Awareness Course or an equivalent.
To provide delegates with the statutory, medical and engineering knowledge to enable them to undertake a risk assessment, or have a risk assessment undertaken, in building premises, or have a detailed understanding of the requirements of such for managerial purposes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- State the requirements of legislation and regulations for hot and cold water systems in healthcare premises
- Describe the causes, risks and impacts to health from legionella bacteria in water systems
- Describe the engineering aspects of cold and hot water systems, evaporative cooling systems and other risk systems that may give rise to risks from legionella
- Describe the principles of regulatory inspection and enforcement of health & safety in the UK
- State the principle elements of a suitable and sufficient risk assessment in accordance with legislation
- Be able to carry out a legionella risk assessment and produce a formal written report with recommendations in accordance with BS8580-1:2019
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.