Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
This course is for managers and engineers who are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of water systems within buildings, specifically cooling tower water systems.
To provide an understanding of roles and responsibilities relating to cooling tower water systems within buildings and the key requirements of HSG 274 Part 1.
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the occurrence, ecology and transmission routes of legionella.
- Understand the basic evaporative cooling system types and their operation.
- Understand the requirements of ACoP L8 and in particular HSG 274 part 1.
- Know the standard for, and contents of a suitable risk assessment and written scheme.
- Explain the contents of a suitable and sufficient cooling tower water treatment programme.
- Develop an inspection, cleaning and disinfection procedure.
- Understand the principal monitoring and record keeping requirements.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.