Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at managers and engineers who are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of water systems within buildings.
This course is aimed at managers and engineers who are responsible for the safe management, operation and maintenance of cooling tower water systems within buildings. The course aims to raise your awareness of roles and responsibilities and takes you through the key requirements using the headings in HSG 274 Part 1 as the course structure.
Delegates will acquire the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand the occurrence, ecology and transmission routes of legionella
- Understand the basic evaporative cooling system types and their operation
- Understand the requirements of ACoP L8 and in particular HSG 274 part 1
- Know the standard for, and contents of a suitable risk assessment and written scheme
- Explain the contents of a suitable and sufficient cooling tower water treatment programme
- Develop an inspection, cleaning and disinfection procedure
- Understand the principal monitoring and record keeping requirements
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
What refresher training will I need?
Appropriate and regular refresher training is a requirement for all those with roles and responsibilities in respect of water distribution systems and associated equipment in healthcare buildings ensuring patient and staff safety in respect of the microbiological, chemical and physical risks associated with water systems.
ACoP L8 and HSG 274 states the Responsible Person (Water) should receive 'regular refresher training’, this is generally accepted as being appropriate every two to three years.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.