Eastwood Park's live medical gas pipeline system is unique within the UK.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at Competent Persons who have previously attended medical gas pipeline systems courses for competent persons and who now require updating on current guidance and best practice. HTM 02 recommends that refresher training is undertaken every three years.
The course is designed to update the practising Competent Person’s knowledge of current guidance on medical gas pipeline systems.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Perform all necessary tests on pipeline systems as required to fulfil role
- Identify relevant medical gas cylinder colour codes
- Correctly service a range of medical gas terminal units
- Carry out fluxless brazing to HTM 02 standards
- Provide competent assistance to the Authorised Person during the execution of engineering tests
- List the duties of a Competent Person in accordance with HTM 02
- Identify potential hazards and adopt safe working procedures when working on piped medical gas systems
- Summarise the medical gas pipeline systems 'Permit to Work' scheme
- Describe the main components associated with medical gas pipeline systems
Trained CPs with sufficient experience may consider becoming an Authorised Person:
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
Our medical gases plant room is fully equipped to support our live medical gas pipeline system.
Will I need any PPE?
If you are booked onto one of our Competent or Authorised Person courses then you need to bring suitable clothing for brazing and a pair of safety shoes or boots for cylinder handling. Gloves and eye protection are provided by Eastwood park. Call our Sales team for advice on +44 (0)1454 262777.
When will I need refresher training?
It is recommended within HTM 02-01 that refresher training should be carried out every 3 years.
The Competent person MGPS (HTM 02) refresher is for Competent persons who have previously attended medical gas pipeline systems courses for competent persons and who now require updating on current guidance and best practice.
Authorised person MGPS (HTM 02) refresher is aimed at Authorised persons who need updating on current guidance and best practice working on medical gas pipeline systems.
Our Quality controller MGPS refresher is for existing QC (MGPS) Pharmacists currently on the national QC register and who require medical gas CPD and assessment for re-registration on the UK national register.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.