Eastwood Park's live medical gas pipeline system is unique within the UK.
Is this course for you?
This course is for those taking on the role of Authorised Person Medical Gas Pipeline Systems (MGPS) and who have, or will have, responsibility for the safe operation, installation and maintenance of medical gas pipeline systems.
It is particularly suitable for current Competent Persons MGPS who require additional training in the role, responsibilities and competencies required to carry out the role of the Authorised Person MGPS.
The course is also suitable for those whose roles require them to have an understanding of the medical gas system management processes, for example a Compliance Manager.
If you don’t have a technical or managerial background in medical gas pipeline system, the 10-day EMGM course is likely to be more suitable.
The course is designed to build on existing technical knowledge to enable you to carry out the role of an Authorised Person MGPS, with the introduction of management processes based on the guidance given in HTM 02: ‘Medical Gas Pipeline Systems’ and other current guidance.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define the engineering tests relevant to the commissioning and refurbishing of medical gas pipeline systems
- Demonstrate the operation of the ‘Permit to Work’ system on a live medical gas pipeline system by performing all duties of an Authorised Person as defined in HTM 02
- Describe and apply all relevant safety procedures when working on medical gas pipeline systems and identify potentially hazardous practices and situations
- Apply the principles and algorithms in current guidance to the design of medical gas pipeline systems and carry out design load calculations and pipe sizing calculations
- Assess medical gas pipeline systems for compliance with current standards
- List the sections and contents of a medical gas pipe system policy
- Detail the operational parameters of medical gas systems and be able to set up medical gas systems to operate to the correct parameters
- Describe the operational checks required for medical gas systems and carry out checks as required
You must have a sound understanding of medical gas systems, having either attended or successfully completed a Competent Person MGPS course, or via some other prior learning.
Due to the intensive nature of this one week course work will be required during the evenings.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
Our medical gases plant room is fully equipped to support our live medical gas pipeline system.
Will I need any PPE?
If you are booked onto one of our Competent or Authorised Person courses then you need to bring suitable clothing for brazing. Call our Sales team for advice on +44 (0)1454 262777.
When will I need refresher training?
It is recommended within HTM 02-01 that refresher training should be carried out every 3 years.
The Competent person MGPS (HTM 02) refresher is for Competent persons who have previously attended medical gas pipeline systems courses for competent persons and who now require updating on current guidance and best practice.
Authorised person MGPS (HTM 02) refresher is aimed at Authorised persons who need updating on current guidance and best practice working on medical gas pipeline systems.
Our Quality controller MGPS refresher is for existing QC (MGPS) Pharmacists currently on the national QC register and who require medical gas CPD and assessment for re-registration on the UK national register.
Do I need to bring any documents with me?
Your joining instructions will state whether you need to bring anything with you to your course.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.