Eastwood Park's live medical gas pipeline system is unique within the UK.
Is this course for you?
This course is for estates staff who are involved with medical gases and may have to respond to a medical gas related issue.
The course will provide the learner with the knowledge and competencies required by the HSE and HTM 02-01 to work on a restricted range of medical gas plant equipment safely and correctly.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify medical gases, associated hazards and the necessary precautions
- Identify different types of medical gases and their uses
- Correctly and safely use medical gas cylinders including changing cylinders on manifolds
- Correctly and safely carry out medical gas hose replacements
- Carry out compressor maintenance and daily and weekly medical gas plant checks competently
- Explain the requirements of the permit to work system, and the quality checks as required
- Define what to do in an emergency situation and the correct response to alarms
- Repair / replace terminal unit 2nd fix components
At your site
Training can be provided at your site for up to 8 delegates. A suitable training room and access to manifold and medical gas plant rooms is required.
HTM 02-01 recommends that Competent Persons undertake refresher training every 3 years.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
Our medical gases plant room is fully equipped to support our live medical gas pipeline system.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
Will I need any PPE?
If you are booked onto one of our Competent or Authorised Person courses then you need to bring suitable clothing for brazing and a pair of safety shoes or boots for cylinder handling. Gloves and eye protection are provided by Eastwood park. Call our Sales team for advice on +44 (0)1454 262777.
Do I need to bring any documents with me?
Your joining instructions will state whether you need to bring anything with you to your course.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.