Our medical equipment lab and classroom incorporates a wide range of equipment.
Is this course for you?
The course will provide an excellent foundation for medical engineering staff who are involved in the servicing and maintenance of both Anaesthesia and ventilation equipment in hospitals.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Medical Gas
- Introduction to Anaesthesia and Lung Ventilation
- Gases used in Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia Machine Safety
- Principles of Ventilation
- Ventilator Parameters
- Ventilation Modes
- Safety testing and performance testing
To provide the knowledge and skills to perform maintenance and servicing of a wide range of Anaesthesia and ventilation equipment.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe human respiratory physiology and patient ventilation
- Differentiate the modes /types of mechanical ventilation
- Describe medical gas handling and safety, including the pipeline system
- Describe the requirement for anaesthesia
- Recognise hazards associated with the handling of anaesthesia agents
- Perform maintenance, safety testing and performance testing on a patient ventilator, anaesthetic equipment and its associated equipment using the appropriate test tools
Equipment used will include patient lung ventilation device management, medical gas hoses, medical gas systems and safety, theatre ventilators, ITU ventilators and breathing circuits.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
What medical equipment do you cover?
Eastwood Park’s medical equipment training covers machines such as ECG, defibrillators, patient monitoring, infusion devices, premature baby incubators, foetal monitoring, physiotherapy equipment, surgical diathermy and an introduction to anaesthesia & ventilators.
Do I need to bring any documents with me?
Your joining instructions will state whether you need to bring anything with you to your course.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.