Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
This course is for engineering staff required to operate under permit to work control for boiler or other stored pressure mechanical systems.
This course will provide you with the necessary knowledge and documentation skills to operate within safe systems of work relating to boiler and stored pressure mechanical systems as defined under Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR).
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- List statutory publications relevant to mechanical stored pressure systems
- Associate types of equipment and systems with use of a relevant fluid (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000)
- Relate fundamental physical properties of relevant fluids to limits and ranges of measured parameters
- Identify key components and safety features found on stored pressure mechanical systems
- Record hazards/risks and their control measures using risk assessment documentation (JSP 375)
- Source information detailing operational arrangements, procedures and documentation for safe isolation and safe systems of work
- List the defined roles and key responsibilities of Authorised Person (Mechanical) and Person in Charge (Mechanical)
- Complete safe systems of work documentation (JSP 375)
- Interpret a safety programme and statement of isolation
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.