Our three-storey training lift allows live maintenance and testing in a safe training environment.
Is this course for you?
This course is for those new to working on lift installations. It provides a broad range of competences essential to work safely in a lift environment.
To provide learners with the skills and knowledge to carry out the release of passengers in a safe and responsible manner.
The courses follows the basic principles for the manual release of trapped passengers that applies to all electric traction (including MRLs) and hydraulic lift installations with the power isolated.
It is based on current legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act, LOLER, PUWER, RIDDOR, SAFed guidance, British Standards 5655 and 7255, BS EN 81 Parts 1, 2, 3 and 20 and the Lift Regulations 2016. Other sources of information include HTM 08-02 for lifts.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- List relevant current standards and legislation concerning lifts
- Identify and control hazards encountered in lift installation, including fire
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment
- Describe key accident and emergency procedures
- State electrical and mechanical safety features, aspects and safe working procedures with respect to:
- Electrical equipment
- Rotating machinery
- Safety of personnel
- Releasing passengers from electric and hydraulic lifts
- Carry out a risk assessment in the lift motor room and at landings.
- Correctly release passengers from a lift safely, confidently, and with the minimum amount of disruption
- Identify when the escalation procedure should be applied
Additional informationIt is largely practical, with some classroom and assessment work. Due to the practical nature of the course, learners should bring a pair of overalls.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What lifts do you cover in your training?
Eastwood Park’s lift training covers electrical traction and hydraulic lifts.
What PPE do I need to bring with me?
Overalls and hardhats will be required for lift safety training.
What refresher training will I need?
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.