Our three-storey training lift allows live maintenance and testing in a safe training environment.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at building services and or mechanical/electrical engineers new to the repair of electric traction, including MRLs and hydraulic lifts.
You are required to have a building services and or mechanical/electrical engineering background.
To provide learners with the skills and knowledge to carry out risk assessments and routine maintenance work on electric traction, MRLs and hydraulic lift installations in a safe and responsible manner, to ensure an effective and efficient system.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment to the current legislative standards and guidance
- List the main safety, legal and regulatory documentation relevant to lift installations
- Identify and control the hazards encountered in the lift installation according to current regulations
- Complete routine checks and maintenance adjustments on electric traction and hydraulic lifts in accordance with LOLER, HTM’s and other current guidance
- Explain the thorough examination / inspection on a lift installation in accordance with LOLER
- Explain a circuit diagram to be able to fault find to the required course standard
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
Following a review of the new government guidance we want to reassure you that the essential training booked at Eastwood Park for the coming weeks is going ahead as planned.
We are operating a COVID-secure environment and will be seeking the co-operation of everyone attending to strictly adhere to these arrangements throughout their stay and we will continue to carefully monitor the situation.
Visit our COVID-19 page | COVID-19 policy | COVID-19 risk assessment
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What lifts do you cover in your training?
Eastwood Park’s lift training covers electrical traction and hydraulic lifts.
What PPE do I need to bring with me?
Overalls and hardhats will be required for lift safety training.
What refresher training will I need?
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.