Our three-storey training lift allows live maintenance and testing in a safe training environment.
Is this course for you?
This course is for Authorised Persons (Lifts) working in the healthcare environment who require refresher training.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
We suggested that refresher training for Authorised Persons (Lifts) should be carried out every 3 years. You should previously have completed a full course Authorised Person (Lifts) course.
To refresh learners’ knowledge and understanding of the current legislation, regulations, roles and responsibilities and who should undertake these.
In addition, the course covers the inspections and examinations required for lifts. This includes the safety examinations required of electrical and mechanical items.
The course covers electric traction (including MRLs) and hydraulic lift installations. It is based around current legislation including the Lift Regulations 2016, PUWER, LOLER, British Standards, SAFED guidance notes, HTM 08-02 and other relevant current legislation including European and British Standards
Throughout this course the emphasis is on carrying out duties in a safe and responsible manner.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment to the current legislative standards and guidance
- Discuss the safety, legal and regulatory documentation relevant to lift installations
- Identify and control the safety hazards encountered in the lift installation according to current regulations
- Define the roles and responsibilities and the healthcare requirements in accordance with HTM 08-02
- Define the term competent person in accordance with LOLER
- Carry out a lift inspection on a lift installation in accordance with LOLER
- Complete a written assessment to the required course standard
This 3-day refresher course will include classroom learning, practical sessions and group discussions. Due to the practical nature of the course, learners should bring a pair of overalls.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What lifts do you cover in your training?
Eastwood Park’s lift training covers electrical traction and hydraulic lifts.
What PPE do I need to bring with me?
Overalls and hardhats will be required for lift safety training.
What refresher training will I need?
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.