Is this course for you?
This course is for Authorised Persons (Lifts) working in the healthcare environment who require refresher training.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
We suggested that refresher training for Authorised Persons (Lifts) should be carried out every 3 years. You should previously have completed a full course Authorised Person (Lifts) course.
To refresh learners’ knowledge and understanding of the current legislation, regulations, roles and responsibilities and who should undertake these.
In addition, the course covers the inspections and examinations required for lifts. This includes the safety examinations required of electrical and mechanical items.
The course covers electric traction (including MRLs) and hydraulic lift installations. It is based around current legislation including the Lift Regulations 2016, PUWER, LOLER, British Standards, SAFED guidance notes, HTM 08-02 and other relevant current legislation including European and British Standards
Throughout this course the emphasis is on carrying out duties in a safe and responsible manner.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment to the current legislative standards and guidance
- Discuss the safety, legal and regulatory documentation relevant to lift installations
- Identify and control the safety hazards encountered in the lift installation according to current regulations
- Define the roles and responsibilities and the healthcare requirements in accordance with HTM 08-02
- Define the term competent person in accordance with LOLER
- Carry out a lift inspection on a lift installation in accordance with LOLER
- Complete a written assessment to the required course standard
This 3-day refresher course will include classroom learning, practical sessions and group discussions. Due to the practical nature of the course, learners should bring a pair of overalls.