Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning lab for practical training.
This course is intended for technicians and maintenance personnel fulfilling the role of Competent Person (Ventilation) as defined in HTM 03-01 and have previously successfully completed a Competent Persons (Ventilation) course.
This course will provide an update on best practice and guidance for those who have previously attended a ventilation course for “Competent persons”.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Determine relevant airflow and pressure information using Department of Health documentation
- List statutory requirements and sources of Department of Health and industry guidance
- Identify the purpose of fire and smoke dampers and state the importance of the locations
- Measure airflow in ducts and at air terminal devices
- State the process for the proportional balancing of a ventilation system
- Identify the essential components of an air-conditioning system
- List problems associated with steam humidifiers
- Identify appropriate filter grades for given applications and state the correct time to change them
- Carry out air handling unit and room fabric audits
- Verify critical system airflows and pressures
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.