Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning lab for practical training.
Is this course for you?
The course would be relevant to any staff member wishing to refresh their knowledge of this subject within three years of taking their first HTM 03-01 AP Ventilation Course.
This course is aimed at Managers, Technical staff, Designers, Consultants, Verifiers, Validators, Commissioners, Contractors and other personnel who need to understand and be able to manage Healthcare Ventilation Systems used in the medical environment contained in HTM 03-01 and other DoH Guidance.
This course is aimed at personnel who have previously successfully completed a full Authorised person ventilation (HTM 03) course.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define the main applications for ventilation in healthcare premises and explain why the need exists
- Define and determine management responsibilities in relation to ventilation and air-conditioning in accordance of the defined role of the Authorised Person
- Identify key, health and safety issues relating to air quality, legislation requirements relating to compliance and safe operation of ventilation systems.
- Define how ventilation systems are being used to minimise Healthcare Acquired Infection (HAI)
- Describe essential monitoring and maintenance procedures required for the safe and efficient operation of healthcare ventilation systems
- Determine works needed on healthcare ventilation systems in accordance with the defined role of the Authorised Person
- List the main requirements of operating theatre ventilation, and other specialist ventilation systems relevant to the health of patients and staff in accordance with HTM and HBN guidance. Interpret measurements for compliance of airflow and humidity in ducts and at air terminal devices, using a variety of instruments and balancing systems
- Determine and Identify essential components of an air-conditioning system typically used in healthcare premises
- Define the requirements for Isolation room, Pathology and Mortuary ventilation.
- Review, the validation process, illustrating areas of non-compliance, opportunities for minimising operating costs and patient/staff safety risks
- Evaluate quarterly inspections and verifications, for “ventilation” systems and conventional and UCV Theatres, illustrating areas of non-compliance
- Identify opportunities for minimising operating costs and patient/staff safety risks
- Identify opportunities to correctly Control and operate, specialist healthcare ventilation systems; to achieve, significant energy savings
- Describe the effectiveness of filters & fire dampers and the purpose of effective installation
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.