Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Who will benefit?
Individuals or teams responsible for ensuring their organisation is compliant with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
To enable you to gain an understanding of the importance of managing COSHH related risks, roles and responsibility and the use of important techniques such as development of an adequate COSHH risk assessment and inventory, identification of precautions, PPE etc and appropriate training and communication. The course looks at the HSE and HefmA models for COSHH assessments. The course also illustrates some of the common errors made in on-site COSHH assessments.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of the COSHH Regulations, and to what they extend
- Discuss the hazards associated with working with or near chemicals etc (covered by COSHH), including the effect on health
- Describe the legal requirements or the Regulations including the duty to manage COSHH
- Work through the logical steps to comply with COSHH legislation and develop an appropriate COSHH management procedure and action plan
- Understand what makes up a suitable and sufficient COSHH assessment
- Examine the specific example of Legionella
- Introduce control strategies under the hierarchy of control including PPE
- State where to obtain further guidance and assistance.
Eastwood Park can also deliver this course at a location to suit your individual needs.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
Attendees will receive a personalised Eastwood Park certificate of attendance.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
Do you cover COSHH on your training?
Yes, our Responsible person - practical COSHH management course deals specifically with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.