Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
Apprentices are key to developing skilled healthcare engineers for the future. Eastwood Park has successfully delivered five summer schools to a mix of new apprentices, as well as second and third year apprentices.
The school aims to fill the gaps in the standard engineering apprenticeship skills framework with a broad introduction to a wide range of engineering disciplines operating within a medical/healthcare environment.
Apprentices will gain a greater understanding of how the services they provide impacts on compliance to various HTMs and will be relevant to electrical and mechanical apprentice engineers.
To provide an understanding of the requirements of engineering disciplines and regulations written on healthcare setting.
Apprentices will benefit from a stimulating mix of theory and practical learning covering:
- electrical installations in medical locations – an overview, including electrical safety (Section 710 BS7671)
- medical gas safety – an introduction, with a practical focus on cylinder handling (HTM 02-01 Part B section 7)
- electrical safety testing for medical equipment – (in accordance with IEC60601 & IEC62353)
- the purpose of ventilation and critical ventilation systems in healthcare - (HTM 03)
- lifts - an understanding of the types of lifts, and the regulations and legislation relating to them
- water hygiene – fundamental knowledge of water hygiene including Legionella management (HTM 04)
- decontamination & sterilization equipment – an overview of decontamination engineering support
How the course is assessed
Apprentices will be informally assessed throughout the week. On the Friday, a formal, open book assessment will test the engineering disciplines covered.
This residential training course will run Monday 12 August - Friday 16 August 2019.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.