Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
Apprentices are key to developing skilled healthcare engineers for the future. Eastwood Park has successfully delivered five summer schools to a mix of new apprentices, as well as second and third year apprentices.
The school aims to fill the gaps in the standard engineering apprenticeship skills framework with a broad introduction to a wide range of engineering disciplines operating within a medical/healthcare environment.
Apprentices will gain a greater understanding of how the services they provide impacts on compliance to various HTMs and will be relevant to electrical and mechanical apprentice engineers.
To provide an understanding of the requirements of engineering disciplines and regulations written on healthcare setting.
Apprentices will benefit from a stimulating mix of theory and practical learning covering:
- electrical installations in medical locations – an overview, including electrical safety (Section 710 BS7671)
- medical gas safety – an introduction, with a practical focus on cylinder handling (HTM 02-01 Part B section 7)
- electrical safety testing for medical equipment – (in accordance with IEC60601 & IEC62353)
- the purpose of ventilation and critical ventilation systems in healthcare - (HTM 03)
- lifts - an understanding of the types of lifts, and the regulations and legislation relating to them
- water hygiene – fundamental knowledge of water hygiene including Legionella management (HTM 04)
- decontamination & sterilization equipment – an overview of decontamination engineering support
How the course is assessed
Apprentices will be informally assessed throughout the week. On the Friday, a formal, open book assessment will test the engineering disciplines covered.
This residential training course will run for five weekdays - please contact us for the next available dates.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
Following a review of the new government guidance we want to reassure you that the essential training booked at Eastwood Park for the coming weeks is going ahead as planned.
We are operating a COVID-secure environment and will be seeking the co-operation of everyone attending to strictly adhere to these arrangements throughout their stay and we will continue to carefully monitor the situation.
Visit our COVID-19 page | COVID-19 policy | COVID-19 risk assessment
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.