Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at aspiring and newly appointed estates officers in estates and facilities departments who are involved in building or engineering operation or maintenance, including the management of contracted out services.
It may also be appropriate for experienced Facilities/soft FM managers who have taken on responsibility for the hard FM operation and require some knowledge of the roles undertaken by estates officers.
The purpose of this course is to enable estates and facilities staff both to gain an appreciation of the organisational role and objectives of Estates Departments and to develop an understanding of the specialist functions required in healthcare estate management.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the role of Estates within the context of the NHS
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to manage within budget
- Identify strategies for effective and efficient management of staff
- Identify your customers and their individual needs and take appropriate steps to meet their expectations
- State clearly your duty of care with respect to staff, patients and visitors to sites under your control
- Describe the HTM suite of documents and state your organisation’s mandatory/discretionary obligations to them
- Identify and review Estates Risks and implement a methodology for managing them
- Outline the scope of maintenance requirements and methods of delivery
- Produce a plan for managing minor works and identify issues that may be encountered
- Calculate a site’s carbon footprint and produce a plan for undertaking carbon reduction
- Describe a range of tools for measuring performance in Estates
This one week course delivers many benefits to individuals who are either currently responsible, or about to take responsibility, for in-house or outsourced healthcare estates teams. Eastwood Park can deliver this course either at our training facility or at any location to suit your individual needs.
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
Which course should I go on if I am new to estates?
The Engineering essentials for new technical staff (ENT) is aimed at trade staff recently appointed to Technician posts from outside of the NHS healthcare industry, allowing technicians to progress onto the specialist Competent Persons (CP) courses.
Do I need to bring any documents with me?
Your joining instructions will state whether you need to bring anything with you to your course.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.