Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
During this 1-day course learners will acquire a clear understanding of the principles of energy and sustainability management, helping them to deliver effective programmes of work and significant efficiency savings.
Is this course for you?
The course will focus on a range of topic areas including: utilities procurement and management, technological efficiency improvements, the development of a Trust SDMP as well as the implementation of a Staff behavioural change programme.
This course will focus on the delivery of improvements within the areas of energy and sustainability management, it will support the outcome and requirements of the Lord Carter review; to deliver the changes needed to achieve the efficiency improvements required within the NHS, by 2020.
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand the key principles of energy management and sustainable development including the measurement, monitoring and verification processes
- Identify and understand the core components of Building (Energy) Management Systems and their impact in optimising energy efficiency
- List the finance and funding options and identify the supporting documentation for making a funding application
- State the requirements of a behaviour change programme
- List the five stages needed to develop and implement a Sustainable Development Management Plan (SDMP)
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.