Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
Is this course for you?
This course is for engineers nominated as an Authorised Person (AP) with respect to high and low voltage (HV/LV) distribution equipment on MoD estates.
This course will enable you to apply the relevant statutory instruments and guidance whilst carrying out the duties of the Authorised Person, Responsible Person, Nominated Person or Competent Person working on MoD establishments HV/LV electrical systems.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV/LV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by JSP 375 Volume Chapter 3
- Issue and cancel a permit to work/sanction to test
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records and documentation
- Operate and maintain HV/LV switchgear
- Describe the typical components and their function within a typical low voltage distribution system and how safe working is achieved in various parts of the distribution
You need to complete a refresher course every 3 years to retain current AP appointment.
We have extensive High Voltage training facilities for both the healthcare and commercial sectors with an emphasis on practical training.
Do you have to be working as an electrician on your electrical courses?
Yes and no. You do need to be working in a healthcare environment, but we do offer a Mechanical to electrical conversion course for non-electrical staff who will be required to work on and around electrical machines and equipment.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to diagnose simple electrical faults and have an understanding of the possible causes and carry out necessary isolations and repairs, whilst understanding their limitations and hazards associated with the electrical systems and machines.
Will I need any refresher training?
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.