We have extensive High Voltage training facilities for both the healthcare and commercial sectors with an emphasis on practical training.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at all staff nominated as an Authorised Person with respect to HV (high voltage) distribution equipment in the commercial sector.
The course will provide learners with knowledge and skills to safely work on high voltage electrical systems and provide an understanding of the dangers which exist with these systems.
Learners will gain the required knowledge to issue safety documentation in compliance with current HSE legislation and to a set of generic commercial safety rules and procedures.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by a set of generic commercial safety rules and procedures
- Issue and cancel a Permit to Work / Sanction to Test
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm HV cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records and documentation
- Operate and maintain HV switchgear
As a practical course learners should bring their own basic protective clothing and note that there will also be some evening study periods. Learners should also have a firm understanding of basic electrical principles and theory.
This course should be repeated every three years to maintain up to date skills and knowledge.
Delegates may also consider undertaking:
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.
Do you have to be working as an electrician on your electrical courses?
Yes and no. You do need to be working in a healthcare environment, but we do offer a Mechanical to electrical conversion course for non-electrical staff who will be required to work on and around electrical machines and equipment.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to diagnose simple electrical faults and have an understanding of the possible causes and carry out necessary isolations and repairs, whilst understanding their limitations and hazards associated with the electrical systems and machines.
Will I need any refresher training?
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.