We have extensive High Voltage training facilities for both the healthcare and commercial sectors with an emphasis on practical training.
Is this course for you?
This course is for electrical engineering staff nominated to the role of Authorised Person (HV) in the commercial sector.
Learners must have a firm understanding of basic electrical principles and theory prior to attending this course.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
Authorised Persons (HV) should undertake refresher training every three years.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to work safely on high voltage electrical systems and understand the dangers that these present.
To enable learners to issue safety documentation in compliance with current HSE legislation and a generic set of commercial safety rules and procedures.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by a set of generic commercial safety rules and procedures
- Issue and cancel a Permit to Work / Sanction to Test
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm HV cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records and documentation
- Operate and maintain HV switchgear
- Authorised person HV commercial refresher: Authorised Persons (HV) should undertake refresher training every three years.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
Do you have to be working as an electrician on your electrical courses?
Yes and no. You do need to be working in a healthcare environment, but we do offer a Mechanical to electrical conversion course for non-electrical staff who will be required to work on and around electrical machines and equipment.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to diagnose simple electrical faults and have an understanding of the possible causes and carry out necessary isolations and repairs, whilst understanding their limitations and hazards associated with the electrical systems and machines.
Will I need any refresher training?
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.