The decontamination labs feature a range of decontamination and infection control equipment.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at operators of instrument washer disinfectors. These will include Sterile Services Technicians/SSD staff and any other person who is responsible for the operation of an instrument washer disinfector.
To enable delegates to meet their responsibilities as operators of washer disinfectors as defined in British Standards and devolved National Health Service, (NHS), guidance.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the complete reusable medical device decontamination process
- Describe the operator & decontamination roles and responsibilities
- Explain the principles of operation and correct loading of a washer disinfector
- Explain the principles of operation of an ultrasonic cleaner
- Explain the periodic testing requirements of washer disinfectors and ultrasonic cleaners
- Carry out daily testing of surgical instrument washer disinfectors employing thermal disinfection
- Describe the process of weekly testing of surgical instrument washer disinfectors employing thermal disinfection
- Complete & define the importance of log books for washer disinfectors
- Operate surgical instrument washer disinfectors employing thermal disinfection & ultrasonic cleaners
Practical exercises form an important part of this course, enabling delegates to fulfill their role. If delivered in-house at client premises, equipment must be provided by the client to accomplish this.
Depending on your role you may wish to progress as follows:
Suitable for Test Persons:
WTM1 - Washer-disinfectors - periodic testing (to NHS guidance)
Eastwood Park, Falfield, was formerly the NHS national training centre for healthcare engineering and now, as an independent company, we are the leading provider of technical healthcare engineering training in the UK.
This course has City & Guilds assured programme status.
How long will you hold provisional bookings for?
Provisional bookings will be held for one week (7 days) from the date of booking.
As we are facing a high demand for course places, we kindly ask you to confirm your place as soon as possible.
If you do not confirm this booking within this period, unfortunately we cannot hold the place for you and the provisional booking request will be removed from the system.
What kind of decontamination training does Eastwood Park offer?
Eastwood Park offers decontamination courses that fit into 3 main categories – for operators, management courses and engineering validation and testing.
What course should I take if I’m new to decontamination?
Our Introduction to Decontamination (IDO) course is ideal for anyone who has a need to know about decontamination but who is not familiar with it, providing you with a broad, high-level understanding of the purpose and constraints on decontamination practices and in particular the role of the sterile services department (SSD) in the broader healthcare setting.
Do I need to bring any documents with me?
Your joining instructions will state whether you need to bring anything with you to your course.
How do I find out your course availability?
To book one of our courses, call our sales team on +44 (0)1454 262777. Alternatively fill out the enquiry form on our website, after which we will contact you as soon as possible.
What are your terms & conditions?
You can view and download our booking terms and conditions here.