Classrooms are available for theory learning and group exercises (close to training laboratories when practice activities are included).
This 1 day course will focus on the points outlined below. All learners will leave with a toolkit of pointers and areas of focus to aid them in managing their PFI contracts when they return to work.
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at Estates Managers, Directors and those responsible for PFI contracts and strategic managers.
Learners will gain access to a unique insight on PFI contract fundamentals and relationship management, ensuring that all will leave with an enhanced understanding and a toolkit of skills and areas of focus to improve the commercial management of their PFI contracts, along with a knowledge of key pointers that will deliver improved performance and efficiency of their PFI contract.
This course is designed to deliver a broad and comprehensive background to the key aspects and considerations that are required on a day-to-day and strategic level to effectively manage all aspects of an operational PFI scheme. The course will provide a clear working understanding of the key contractual aspects of operational PFI.
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the key aspects of PFI contracts and relationship management
- Identify key, current and past challenges relating to the management of PFI contracts
- Discuss, debate and list how, and if, challenges have been overcome, and the approach taken.
- Interpret the form of contract – schedules/specifications and payment mechanisms
- Explain importance of partnering as an approach
- State the aspects of managing a commercial contract
- Recognise the importance of influencing and negotiation skills
This course has City & Guilds accredited programme status.